What causes a case of the meh’s? Could be anything, or nothing. Perhaps it is too much of the natural routine that comes with day to day life. It could be a long run of cold, rainy weather. Like when you look out the window hoping for just a single ray of sun and all you see are clouds.
Since I’ve been feeling this way a bit lately, I decided to figure out how to remedy the situation. Plus, there is no way that I’m the only one feeling this way given that it has been statistically proven that February is the MOST depressing month of the year. So, I’ll do the research and share the ❤️ with you.
In search of an answer on how to cure the meh’s, I did what every red-blooded American would do, I Googled. Then I Pinterested (don’t laugh, it’s a thing). Here is what I came up with:
My Top 5 Surefire Cures for the Meh’s
1. Plan a Trip – Even if you don’t have the time, money, or vacation days left. Do the research. Pick a destination. See what there is to do there. There is something about the idea of the possibility that will snap you out of the meh’s. And who knows, you might just find that you do have the time…
Not sure where to start? Check out this article by Nomadic Matt.
2. Do Good, Feel Good -Decide on 1 nice thing to do, in secret, for someone else, everyday for a week. These can be simple things: pay for someone else’s meal in the drive thru, send a “real” card, smile at a stranger. Doing something nice with purpose and intent for someone else, is a sure fire way to lift your heart.
3. Change Your Word Choice -The words we use have great power. They can lift someone up or shove them down. Changing how you speak to someone (including yourself) can make al the difference. Try it for a week and see what I mean.
4. Exercise– I know, most people don’t like this idea. But you don’t have to go crazy, don’t join a gym (unless that’s your thing). Simply take a walk in the fresh air, even if it’s freezing cold outside. Do this everyday for a week and you will be surprised at the difference it can make. You can’t dispute the evidence of endomorphines.
Don’t believe me? Check out these 8 reasons by Tesco Living.
5. Get Creative– I have to say, this is by far and away my choice for a pick me up. Nothing gets you out of a funk like a “project.” In fact, I choose this option so frequently that I think my darling hubby inwardly cringes when I mention the dreaded word. (Insert evil laugh here…) No matter what outlet you choose for your creativity, getting creative can lift a weight and that feeling of accomplishment can propel you right out of your funk.
Here are some of the “projects” that have been circling around my mind…(I know, it’s a scary place!
What are you going to do to get rid of the meh’s? Whatever it is, do it today.